from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The action of adulterating, being mixed with extraneous material, illicit substitution of one substance for another.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of adulterating; corruption, or debasement (esp. of food or drink) by foreign mixture.
- n. An adulterated state or product.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of adulterating, or the state of being adulterated or debased by admixture with something else, generally of inferior quality; the use, in the production of any professedly genuine article, of ingredients which are cheaper and of an inferior quality, or which are not considered so desirable by the consumer as other or genuine ingredients for which they are substituted.
- n. The product or result of the act of adulterating; that which is adulterated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. being mixed with extraneous material; the product of adulterating
- n. the act of adulterating (especially the illicit substitution of one substance for another)
Sorry, no etymologies found.