from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various predominantly aquatic arthropods of the class Crustacea, including lobsters, crabs, shrimps, and barnacles, characteristically having a segmented body, a chitinous exoskeleton, and paired, jointed limbs.
- adj. Of or belonging to the Crustacea.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any arthropod of the subphylum Crustacea, including lobsters, crabs, shrimp, barnacles and woodlice.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Crustacea; crustaceous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the Crustacea.
- n. One of the Crustacea.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any mainly aquatic arthropod usually having a segmented body and chitinous exoskeleton
- adj. of or belonging to the class Crustacea
From New Latin Crūstācea, class name, neuter pl. of crūstāceus, hard-shelled, from Latin crūsta, shell; see kreus- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)