from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or an instance of inhaling.
- n. An inhalant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of inhaling
- n. The substance (medicament) which is inhaled.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of inhaling; also, that which is inhaled.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of inhaling; inspiration; an indrawing, as of air or medicinal vapors into the lungs.
- n. In pharmacy, a preparation intended to be inhaled in the form of vapor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of inhaling; the drawing in of air (or other gases) as in breathing
- n. a medication to be taken by inhaling it
Sorry, no etymologies found.