Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of localizing, or the state of being localized.
- n. Specifically The reference, in perception, of a sensation to some part of the body (as the place where it originates), or to some point in space outside of the body (as a quality of a perceived object).
- n. Also spelled localisation.
- n. The act of localizing.
- n. The state of being localized.
- n. software engineering act or process of making a product suitable for use in a particular country or region.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Act of localizing, or state of being localized.
- n. a determination of the place where something is
- n. (physiology) the principle that specific functions have relatively circumscribed locations in some particular part or organ of the body
- From localize + -ation; compare French localisation. (Wiktionary)
“There are nowover 25, 000 unique apps - making it very difficult to stand out from the crowd - but Web Translation think that localization is the way forward.”
“Little progress will be made in localization initially but the public will begin to realize the dangers and businesses will realize the opportunities.”
“Do you understand that localization is efficiency?”
“The opposite side of globalization, localization, is also impacting us.”
“Now researchers can see the interaction between gene products or the difference in localization between two or more protiens.”
“Solved the problem with image crop in German localization;”
“Join Lao localization team to help translate WordPress into Lao language!”
“Join Slovak localization team to help translate WordPress into Slovak language, or visit the website for support or to make comments and suggestions.”
“Fixed non-working menu bar controls in German localization”
“Since we write to be widely read and understood, myTexts is made for exchanging files with the outside world. myTexts reads and writes the most important file formats like txt, rft, doc, docx, html, schreiben, odt and xml. added 10.6 support fixed Spaces 'bug' fixed 'Create new entry at startup' bug improved performance with large (really large) texts improved AutoSave fixed typo in Japanese localization”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘localization’.
Terms from the fields of terminology, lexicography, lexicology and corpus linguistics
What happens when you put a (former) English major at a bioinformatics and bioengineering summer institute? A list of wacky bio-words, of course!
Useful words or abbreviations for students of translation to remember and refer to throughout their studies.
Looking for tweets for localization.