from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The observable physical or biochemical characteristics of an organism, as determined by both genetic makeup and environmental influences.
- n. The expression of a specific trait, such as stature or blood type, based on genetic and environmental influences.
- n. An individual or group of organisms exhibiting a particular phenotype.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The appearance of an organism based on a multifactorial combination of genetic traits and environmental factors, especially used in pedigrees.
- v. To evaluate or classify based on phenotype
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. what an organism looks like as a consequence of the interaction of its genotype and the environment
pheno- + -type (Wiktionary)