from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various usually malignant tumors that arise in the lymph nodes or in other lymphoid tissue.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a malignant tumor that arises in the lymph nodes or in other lymphoid tissue
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A tumor having a structure resembling that of a lymphatic gland; -- called also lymphadenoma.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A hyperplastic mass of lymphoid tissue.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a neoplasm of lymph tissue that is usually malignant; one of the four major types of cancer
From lymph, from Latin lympha ("water") and -oma ("disease, morbidity"). (Wiktionary)