from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small benign epithelial tumor, such as a wart, consisting of an overgrowth of cells on a core of smooth connective tissue.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An epithelial tumour, usually benign, with the appearance of a papilla.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A tumor formed by hypertrophy of the papillæ of the skin or mucous membrane, as a corn or a wart.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A tumor, usually small, growing on some external or internal surface, composed of vascular connective tissue covered with epidermis or epithelium, and formed by the hypertrophy of a normal papilla or of a group of several, or resembling a structure thus formed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a benign epithelial tumor forming a rounded mass
Sorry, no etymologies found.