American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A small stunted ear of corn.
- n. A small stunted or projecting part.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small or imperfect ear of maize.
- n. A small lump of gold which has once been melted.
- n. A stub, especially a stub of undeveloped corn or fruit or nipple.
- n. informal A small protuberance, bud, bump, knob, or the like.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Colloq. U. S. A small or imperfect ear of maize.
- n. a small nub (especially an undeveloped fruit or ear of corn)
- From nub. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“I mean, i've had better nubbins but still, the nubbin is the most coveted part.”
“I took a poll on my website, and now think this nubbin is ….”
“Anyway, a 10-point buck, an 8-point buck, and a nubbin were all hanging out on a field-edge one fall evening, nibbling grass and plucking acorns off a tree.”
“- Added a nubbin to the transfer tray (a nubbin is the little thing you select to drag) - Check downloads to see whether it is dangerous before previewing”
“He took it to bed with him in the loft and read till his 'nubbin' of candle burned out.”
“I was pleased to see that the thumb safety was styled after the GI "nubbin" safety, and the lanyard looped mainspring housing was steel.”
“- she's missing her delete button (I just have a rubber 'nubbin' where the button once was) - the metallic finish to the right of the track-pad has been worn through to black speckles”
“Sun, 11th Oct 2009 11: 06 am if your laptop has what I call a "nubbin" (the mouse dot thingy in the keyboard) odds are it is old and wont play much (not even the Halo beta) … go for Red alert 2 and the original Sims and other things around that era cos it wont be capable of much else and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a”
“Bimeby they wa'n't no stick left — only a nubbin, about four inches long, an 'it was Rocky's turn.”
“Vercingetorix: And the familiar nubbin at last comes out, after how many comments?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘nubbin’.
Interesting gene names. Some of these may have changed recently (to something less offensive/funny).
tinman, agnostic, dreadlocks, Van Gogh, fruitless, lava lamp, ariadne, cheap date, ken and barbie, I'm not dead yet, I'm not dead yet 2, manic fringe and 1192 more...
the use of catamite is not for the reasons you would think...
one for each letter of the alphabet, eventually.
Looking for tweets for nubbin.