from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A bit, scrap, or morsel: "sparkling black bass ... strewn with snippets of coriander and basil” ( Gael Greene).
- n. Informal A small or mischievous person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a tiny piece or part
- n. a textfile containing a relatively small amount of code, useless by itself, along with instructions for inserting that code into a larger codebase
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small part or piece.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small part or share; a small piece snipped off.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small piece of anything (especially a piece that has been snipped off)
Unfortunately, the effect of this snippet is almost ruined by the insipid reporter chick, who should just shut the hell up, stop being patronizing and let the geek dudes talk.
This snippet is then followed by a long, godforesaken comment thread that includes responses to awful, racist rants by some Georgian named "Linda".
If this 'snippet' is an indicator of the rest of the interview who would want to watch the "Palin Lies" reruns?
However, if you check out my message boards, I did post a little snippet from the beginning of the book.
Here's a snippet from a review by Leontine of Realms on Our Bookshelves.
Here's a snippet from a recent review by BookThingo:
Here's a snippet from the book, from a passage about Stephen Kuhn, a young Ameriquest salesman who eventually became distraught about the things he had to do to earn his living:
A quick snippet from the Wiki describes the book thusly:
The good Justice of West Country should bring back Jeffries. snippet from the Leviathon;
Despite the loads and loads of expletives, this latest snippet from the Onion captures the “gizmo fanatic” consumer type perfectly. more about "Sony Releases Stupid Piece Of Sh*t Th …", posted with vodpod
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.