American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Something extremely small or trifling.
- n. A very small or sharp point: a pinpoint of light.
- n. A point on a map marking a precise location or target.
- v. To locate or identify with precision.
- v. To take precise aim at: pinpoint a target.
- v. To direct attention to: We pinpointed the flaws in his argument.
- adj. Meticulously precise: measured the line with pinpoint accuracy.
- adj. Extremely small; minuscule: pinpoint creatures.
- n. The point of a pin.
- adj. Extremely precise or specific, especially regarding location.
- v. To identify or locate precisely or with great accuracy.
- n. a very brief moment
- v. locate exactly
- n. the sharp point of a pin
- n. a very small spot
- From pin + point. (Wiktionary)
“They will try to carry out what they call pinpoint strikes of using their ground forces.”
“Now, the Israeli military saying this is still what they call pinpoint operations targeting, those rocket launches, although at this point, around 1,400 rockets have landing in northern Israel.”
“But, in the past few weeks, we have been witnessing Israel conducts what it calls pinpoint operations in and out of Hezbollah strongholds in southern Lebanon.”
“All the catholic justices (OK, all the justices) come from decent size cities (except for thomas who was born in pinpoint georgia, but grew up in savanah).”
“` ` I think the one main thing I'd have to pinpoint is that they played harder than we did. '”
“One thing I will pinpoint is how to modify your WordPress installation with some minor hacks here and there.”
“How could one fight a foe that could rain pinpoint destruction through the clouds, day or night, 24/7?”
“There was nothing I could pinpoint from the round which would give me a clue. ...”
“SPIGELMAN: Look, we're going to be operating in south Lebanon, as I said in what we're calling pinpoint, sort of in/out-type of operations.”
“Seven Palestinians were killed in what Israel calls pinpoint strikes to destroy rocket launching facilities.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘pinpoint’.
An extensive list I have been working on for quite some time. Feel free to add more of the kind if you miss any.
to the point
A companion list to Name Suggestions for Even Bigger SUVs and Trucks. :-)
Sounds best when you preface each word with "the."
Looking for tweets for pinpoint.