from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of spotting or staining or the condition of being spotted or stained.
- n. The spotted markings of a plant or an animal, such as the spots of the leopard.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of spotting; a spot; a blemish.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of spotting; a spot; a blemish; a macula.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of spotting, or the state of being spotted.
- n. The manner of spotting, or the pattern of the spots with which an animal or plant is marked.
- n. A staining; defilement; smirching.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small contrasting part of something
- n. the act of spotting or staining something
Sorry, no etymologies found.