from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Soiling or the condition of being soiled.
- n. A blot, stain, or smudge.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Making or becoming dirty; soiling, staining.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Stain; pollution.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of soiling, or the state of being soiled; stain or staining; tarnish or tarnishing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of soiling something
From Old French soilleure, from soillier ("to soil"). (Wiktionary)