from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Something that is scoured off or disposed of; refuse. Often used in the plural.
- n. A person regarded as fallen from society; an outcast. Often used in the plural.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. refuse removed from something by scouring
- n. An outcast, a pariah.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That which is scoured off; hence, refuse; rejected matter; that which is vile or despised.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That which is scoured off; hence, rejected matter; refuse; that which is vile or despised.
From off- + scouring. (Wiktionary)