from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Waste matter; dross.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. waste matter or dross
- n. A bodily secretion that is reabsorbed into the blood
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Superfluous matter separated from that which is useful; dross; scoria.
- n. Excrement.
- n. A substance secreted from the blood and again absorbed by it.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Superfluous matter separated from that which is useful; dross; scoria; spume.
- n. In medicine, a fluid which, after having been separated from the blood, is returned to it, as the saliva, the secretion of serous membranes, etc.
Latin recrēmentum : re-, re- + cernere, crē-, to separate; see krei- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)