American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A soft, amorphous mass.
- n. A daub, as of color.
- v. To splash or daub with blobs; splotch.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small globe of liquid; a dewdrop; a blister; a bubble; a small lump, splotch, or daub.
- n. The bag of a honey-bee.
- n. The under lip.
- n. A cottoid fish, Uranidea richardsoni, a kind of miller's-thumb.
- n. In cricket, no score; zero; a duck's-egg (which see).
- n. A shapeless or amorphous mass; a vague shape or amount, especially of a liquid or semisolid substance; a clump, group or collection that lacks definite shape.
- n. dialect A bubble, a bleb.
- n. A small freshwater fish (Uranidea richardsoni); the miller's thumb.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Something blunt and round; a small drop or lump of something viscid or thick; a drop; a bubble; a blister.
- n. (Zoöl.) A small fresh-water fish (Uranidea Richardsoni); the miller's thumb.
- n. an indistinct shapeless form
- v. make a spot or mark onto
- Possibly formed through mimesis, similarly to bleb and blubber. (Wiktionary)
- From Middle English blober, bubble, bubbling, probably of imitative origin. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Most inept alien The "blob" - a giant amoeba which, in the 1953 movie, terrorises the small community of Downington PA.”
“I have something – a blob of personality with a name attached to it – and i spend the book discovering what that blob is and what it isn’t.”
“If one assumes that the black blob is the white blob’s shadow (which is far from conclusive) I can see how you can estimate its altitude, but where did they pull that speed measurement from?”
“The blob is the size of our own Milky Way galaxy and it is 650 million light years away.”
“Amsterdam airport already uses such so-called blob machines, which show an outline of the body.”
“And if the blob is a character, it gets identified with a colour and stays like that.”
“Beside the blob is a glass goblet, one of the products of her work with Avalari, an apprentice glassblower before his impression into the Hamorian fleet.”
“We begin with getting a BlobStream that we can use to read the blob, which is 16MB in size.”
“The button you pressed in Cydia remotely saves what's called an SHSH blob, which is the”
“International Inquirer that her G-spot is really more like a G-blob, which is roughly about 10 times the size of a normal G-spot.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘blob’.
Movies or TV shows where the titles are also common words, generally one-word titles.
Words formed in imitation of the sound of the things they signify.
A list of terms for units of measurement that are less than exact, such as dessert-spoonful.
This is just a list, right, that I'm gonna, like, fill with words, that, like, are every word that I can, like, think of with, ahhmm, my brain.
This is Ghost List 2 ( the kind that go 'boo!' ) :P
( open list )
Imagine my joy when I was wearing my calculator watch and was first introduced to someone named Leslie - there was exactly enough room on the display for 317537.14.
Edit: I've discove...
Everyone's got their favorites. Here are some of mine.
Words without which cricket could not be.
"Wow, we really have run out of names."
Codenames of superheroes, supervillains, etc. (that are actual words, or unique spellings of actual words).
Ah, yeah, this is a list of words that I think sound pretty funny... or dumb, either way, I like 'em so, yeah.
Looking for tweets for blob.