from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A soft, amorphous mass.
- n. A daub, as of color.
- transitive v. To splash or daub with blobs; splotch.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A shapeless or amorphous mass; a vague shape or amount, especially of a liquid or semisolid substance; a clump, group or collection that lacks definite shape.
- n. A bubble, a bleb.
- n. A small freshwater fish (Uranidea richardsoni); the miller's thumb.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Something blunt and round; a small drop or lump of something viscid or thick; a drop; a bubble; a blister.
- n. A small fresh-water fish (Uranidea Richardsoni); the miller's thumb.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small globe of liquid; a dewdrop; a blister; a bubble; a small lump, splotch, or daub.
- n. The bag of a honey-bee.
- n. The under lip.
- n. A cottoid fish, Uranidea richardsoni, a kind of miller's-thumb.
- n. In cricket, no score; zero; a duck's-egg (which see).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an indistinct shapeless form
- v. make a spot or mark onto
From Middle English blober, bubble, bubbling, probably of imitative origin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Possibly formed through mimesis, similarly to bleb and blubber. (Wiktionary)