from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small spherical mass, especially a small drop of liquid.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small round particle of substance; a drop.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A little globe; a small particle of matter, of a spherical form.
- n. A minute spherical or rounded structure; as blood, lymph, and pus corpuscles, minute fungi, spores, etc.
- n. A little pill or pellet used by homeopathists.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A little globe or sphere; a small or minute body of matter of a spherical form.
- n. Specifically— In anatomy and physics, a blood-disk or -corpuscle, or a lymph-corpuscle.
- n. In botany, the antheridium of Characeæ.
- n. In homeopathic med., a minute pill consisting of sugar of milk combined with the active principle of some drug.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small globe or ball
French, from Latin globulus, diminutive of globus, sphere.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin globulus, from globus ("globe"). (Wiktionary)