from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The science encompassing the medical study of the blood and blood-producing organs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The scientific study of blood and blood-producing organs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The science which treats of the blood.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The branch of biology which relates to the blood. Also hematologia, hæmatologia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of medicine that deals with diseases of the blood and blood-forming organs
Sorry, no etymologies found.