from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The branch of medicine dealing with health care for women, especially the diagnosis and treatment of disorders affecting the female reproductive organs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The study of, or the branch of medicine specializing in, the medical problems of women, especially disorders or the reproductive organs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The science which treats of the structure and diseases of women.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In medicine and surgery, the science of the diseases peculiar to women.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of medicine that deals with the diseases and hygiene of women
"It's innovative technology leading to safer surgery treatments in specialties such as gynecology, urology and even cardiology."
Tarek Meguid, M.D., is the former head of the department of obstetrics and gynecology at Bwaila Hospital and Kamuzu Central Hospital in Lilongwe, Malawi.
It's not only about child-rearing, but also about what happens as the child grows into an older adult and may need care that the aging parents struggle to provide, says Dr. Mary Norton, a Stanford University professor of obstetrics and gynecology.
"This is the first clear evidence that suggests our ability to produce sperm is very ancient, probably originating at the dawn of animal evolution 600 million years ago," said Eugene Xu, assistant professor of obstetrics and gynecology at Feinberg.
He started, but did not finish, a residency in obstetrics-gynecology, authorities said.
His clinic had no trained nurses or medical staff other than Gosnell, a family physician not certified in obstetrics or gynecology, prosecutors said.
Gosnell was certified in family practice but had never finished an obstetrics/gynecology residency.
Dr. Julie Scott, assistant professor of obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Colorado School of Medicine and a specialist in high risk pregnancies said the critical time for methotrexate exposure is at between six and eight weeks of pregnancy.
Umaid's head of gynecology and the employees running the hospital's drug store have been suspended indefinitely.
New-onset PMS really reflects a decline in ovarian function, said Dr. Marguerite Shepard, an emeritus professor of obstetrics and gynecology at Indiana University School of Medicine.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.