from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The branch of medicine dealing with health care for women, especially the diagnosis and treatment of disorders affecting the female reproductive organs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The study of, or the branch of medicine specializing in, the medical problems of women, especially disorders or the reproductive organs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The science which treats of the structure and diseases of women.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In medicine and surgery, the science of the diseases peculiar to women.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of medicine that deals with the diseases and hygiene of women
From gyneco- + -logy. (Wiktionary)