from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The branch of botany that deals with fungi.
- n. The fungi native to a region.
- n. The composition or characteristics of a particular fungus: the mycology of rusts and mildews.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the study of fungi, in the wide sense.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That branch of botanical science which relates to the mushrooms and other fungi.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The science of fungi, their structure, affinities, classification, etc. Also called fungology and mycetology.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of botany that studies fungi and fungus-caused diseases
myco- + -ology (Wiktionary)