from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The branch of paleontology that deals with plant fossils and ancient vegetation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The branch of paleontology that deals with the study of plant fossils.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That branch of paleontology which treats of fossil plants.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That department of paleontology which treats of fossil plants, as distinguished from paleozoölogy, or the study of fossil animals; the science or study of fossil plants; geologic botany. Also paleophytology. Compare paleozoölogy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the study of fossil plants
Sorry, no etymologies found.