from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The branch of biology that deals with the formation, early growth, and development of living organisms.
- n. The embryonic structure or development of a particular organism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The scientific study of embryos.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The science which relates to the formation and development of the embryo in animals and plants; a study of the gradual development of the ovum until it reaches the adult stage.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That department of science which relates to the development of embryos.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of biology that studies the formation and early development of living organisms
Sorry, no etymologies found.