from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Physics that deals with the relationships and conversions between heat and other forms of energy.
- n. Thermodynamic phenomena and processes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The science of the conversions between heat and other forms of energy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The science which treats of the mechanical action or relations of heat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The general mathematical doctrine of the relations of heat and elasticity, or of temperature, volume, pressure, and mechanical work.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of physics concerned with the conversion of different forms of energy
Sorry, no etymologies found.