from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The branch of political science that deals with civic affairs and the rights and duties of citizens.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The study of good citizenship and proper membership in a community.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The science of civil government.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The science of civil government; the principles of government in their application to society.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the social science of municipal affairs
From Latin civicus ("having to do with citizens or a town or city") (Wiktionary)