from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The dynamics of bodies moving relative to gases, especially the interaction of moving objects with the atmosphere.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The science of the dynamics of bodies moving relative to gases, especially the interaction of moving objects with the atmosphere
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The science which treats of the air and other gaseous bodies under the action of force, and of their mechanical effects.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The science which treats of the motion of the air and other gases, or of their properties and mechanical effects when in motion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of gases (especially air) and their effects on bodies in the flow
From French aérodynamique, from aero- + dynamics. (Wiktionary)