American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The study of the effects of dynamic processes, such as motion or acceleration, on living organisms.
- n. The science of the force or energy of living matter and physiological processes.
- n. A method of organic gardening and crop cultivation in which certain factors, such as planetary and seasonal cycles, are considered.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The doctrine of vital force or energy, or the action of living organisms: opposed to biostatics.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Biol.), archaic The doctrine of vital forces or energy.
- n. The branch of biology which treats of the active vital phenomena of organisms; -- opposed to
“Mr. Dawson became interested in biodynamics after working at a biodynamic garden at Fetzer Vineyards in Mendocino and observing the superior quality of the produce.”
“Last year Stu Smith created a local stir when he published a letter in the Santa Rosa Press Democrat charging that "biodynamics is a hoax and deserves the same level of respect we give witchcraft.”
“The spiritual aspect of biodynamics is the core of the system, the basis from which all other aspects grow.”
“Joly himself is the high priest of the movement and travels the world in the name of biodynamics.”
“Momtazi practices a natural winemaking method known as biodynamics.”
“Chez Pim documents larger cooking projects, too, including an October pig roast (in which the pig was named for Rudolf Steiner, founder of the agricultural philosophy known as biodynamics).”
“That being said, several Lobg Island wineries (like Shinn Estate Vineyards) do incorporate some aspects of biodynamics though they aren't fully biodynamic.”
“And I also agree that biodynamics, at least in its pure sense, is probably better suited to farms that also contain other crops and animals.”
“• Biodynamic Farming and Gardening Association, CSA listings at biodynamics. com/csa. html”
“He raised an interesting concept in that it would be nice to sample wines from the same vineyards in which one half was farmed organically, the other, with biodynamics.”
Looking for tweets for biodynamics.