from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The branch of science that deals with the dynamics of fluids, especially incompressible fluids, in motion.
- n. The dynamics of fluids in motion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the scientific study of fluids in motion
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That branch of the science of mechanics which relates to fluids, or, as usually limited, which treats of the laws of motion and action of nonelastic fluids, whether as investigated mathematically, or by observation and experiment; the principles of dynamics, as applied to water and other fluids.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The mathematical theory of the application of the principles of dynamics to fluids.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. study of fluids in motion
Sorry, no etymologies found.