American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Meteorology of the total vertical extent of the atmosphere as opposed to the study of the atmosphere near Earth's surface.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That branch of physics which treats of the air, its properties and phenomena. Also called aërognosy.
- n. The branch of meteorology involving the observation of the atmosphere by means of balloons, airplanes, etc.
- n. The study of the air and of the atmosphere. Used in the US Navy until early 1957. The same as meteorology; however, this usage tended to be more administrative than scientific.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. That department of physics which treats of the atmosphere.
- n. meteorology of the total extent of the atmosphere; especially the upper layers
“According to her aerology manual, the big hydrogen breathers were modeled on the tiny South American islands where Darwin had made his famous discoveries.”
“The aerology manual had been right after all: Red sky in morning, sailors take warning.”
““Your cousin speaks highly of your comprehension of aeronautics and aerology.””
“Sherman Housted, a former Navy officer with a good aerology background, was hired to service as weatherman.”
“Aye, maybe you’re a crack hand with sextants and aerology.”
“n. - the biology of airborne particles and organisms. aerogenic adj. - derived from air; gas-forming. aerogenesis, aerology”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘aerology’.
List of words, terms, and phrases pertaining to or referencing anything that lives, traverses, moves in, uses, or otherwise occupies the space above the ground we walk on. Words and phrases contain...
Not just rare words, but thousands of RARE WORDS WITH DEFINITIONS.
If you want to see the definitions, too, go to
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Words of, about, or relating to the heavens.
Looking for tweets for aerology.