American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The branch of meteorology that deals with clouds.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That part of meteorology which treats of clouds.
- n. The branch of meteorology that studies clouds.
- n. the branch of meteorology that studies clouds and cloud formation
- From Ancient Greek νέφος (nephos, "cloud") + -logy. (Wiktionary)
- Greek nephos, cloud; see nebh- in Indo-European roots + -logy. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘nephology’.
These come from gamma meditation ,I think.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
every major discipline has uniquely developed esoteric nomenclature to facilitate interdisciplinary dissemination
words that meander or have a partial dimension:
words that "catch on": peano curves: fractalites
Hopefully, I'll be using this site for more than one year. It will be fun then to look back and see what new words I found worthy of notice in any given year.
All words spotted in 2008...
Looking for tweets for nephology.