from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Measurement of the properties of light, especially luminous intensity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the measurement of various aspects of light, especially its intensity
- n. the measurement of the intensity and spectrum of light from stars
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That branch of science which treats of the measurement of the intensity of light.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The measurement of the relative amounts of light emitted by different sources.
- n. Measurement of the amount of insufficiency of the external muscles of the eye; the scientific use of the phorometer.
- n. In biology, the reactional movement, positive and negative, with an indifference point between, of organisms under changing intensity of illumination.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. measurement of the properties of light (especially luminous intensity)
Sorry, no etymologies found.