from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of measuring or the process of being measured.
- n. A system of measuring: measurement in miles.
- n. The dimension, quantity, or capacity determined by measuring: the measurements of a room.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of measuring.
- n. Magnitude (or extent or amount) determined by measurement.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or result of measuring; mensuration.
- n. The extent, size, capacity, amount. or quantity ascertained by measuring.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of measuring; mensuration.
- n. A system of measuring or measures: as, builders' measurement.
- n. An ascertained dimension; the length, breadth, thickness, depth, extent, quantity, capacity, etc., of a thing as determined or determinable by measuring; size, bulk, area, or contents.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act or process of assigning numbers to phenomena according to a rule
measure + -ment (Wiktionary)