from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The measurement and recording of earthquakes and other ground vibrations.
- n. The study of these records, seismology.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A writing about, or a description of, earthquakes.
- n. The art of registering the shocks and undulatory movements of earthquakes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The study of earthquake phenomena, with the aid of seismographs, or instruments specially contrived for recording the most important facts regarding the direction, duration, and force of these disturbances of the earth's crust.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the measurement of tremors and shocks and undulatory movements of earthquakes
Sorry, no etymologies found.