from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Measurement of the dimensions and capacity of the pelvis, especially of the adult female pelvis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The assessment of the female pelvis in relation to the birth of a baby.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The measurement of the pelvis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The method or practice of measuring the pelvis; measurement of the pelvis, especially for obstetrical purposes.
- n. In zoology, the determination of the form of the pelvis by means of measurement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. measurement of the dimensions of the bony birth canal (to determine whether vaginal birth is possible)
pelvis + -metry.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)