from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The science and technology of automatic measurement and transmission of data by wire, radio, or other means from remote sources, as from space vehicles, to receiving stations for recording and analysis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the science, and associated technology, of the automatic recording and transmission of data from a remote source to a receiving station for analysis
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The science or process of making remote measurements and sending the data by radio; the use of a telemeter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art of measuring distances by the use of telemeters.
- n. The art of recording at a distance the indications of meteorological and physical instruments.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. automatic transmission and measurement of data from remote sources by wire or radio or other means
tele- + -metry (Wiktionary)