from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a wavelength of approximately 10 to 200 meters.
- adj. Capable of receiving or transmitting at wavelengths of approximately 10 to 200 meters: a shortwave radio.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a wavelength of approximately 10 to 200 meters
- adj. Capable of transmitting or receiving signals at such a wavelength.
- n. Any shortwave frequency, having a wavelength between approximately 10 and 200 meters
- n. Any wave in the shortwave frequency band
short + wave (Wiktionary)