from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To wash; bathe.
- transitive v. To lap or wash against.
- transitive v. To refresh or soothe as if by washing: "The quiet and the cool laved her” ( Edna Ferber).
- intransitive v. Archaic To wash oneself.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The remainder, rest; that which is left, remnant; others.
- v. To pour or throw out, as water; lade out; bail; bail out.
- v. To draw, as water; drink in.
- v. To give bountifully; lavish.
- v. To run down or gutter, as a candle.
- v. To hang or flap down.
- v. To wash.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The remainder; others.
- intransitive v. To bathe; to wash one's self.
- transitive v. To wash; to bathe.
- transitive v. To lade, dip, or pour out.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To pour or throw out, as water; lade out; bail; bail out.
- To draw, as water; drink in.
- To give bountifully; lavish.
- To run down or gutter, as a candle.
- To hang or flap down. Compare lave-eared.
- To wash; bathe.
- To wash one's self; bathe.
- To serve for washing or bathing; wash or flow as against something.
- n. What is left; the remainder; the rest.
- n. The act of washing or laving.
- n. The sea.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. wash one's face and hands
- v. cleanse (one's body) with soap and water
- v. wash or flow against
(the molten lave is 30 km down from where you got hit, hence the darkness)
The other thing that would pull me in would be an epic confrontation between the Gungans and Ewoks in the middle of an asteroid filled with lave which is casually destroyed by a passing Star Destroyer in the midst of the afore mentioned space battle.
He wanted her to experience the kind of lave that only two people who gave selflessly to each other could achieve.
Agrarian decades industrial weeks metamorphic lave
The decisions that we make today lave less to do with us than they do future generations.
She had poured down golden light to lave the warriors below, had made them seem creatures of stone.
The agency said yesterday that the dome of lave inside Shinmoedake was five times larger than it had been last Friday.
Q: should i lave the hide with the cottontail guts for baiting coyotes. also is it good to use a certain caller with this. if so what?
But ye did in the ind, "he exclaimed, triumphantly," whin ye saw I was goin 'to lave ye for sure.
Huh ... aint that somethin? nate chistie sorry wrong person not meant for you nate chistie who cares I could care less you are chipmunk hater that i lave to say then dont go to the next movie
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.