from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An assessment, such as an annual personnel performance review used as the basis for a salary increase or bonus, or a summary of a particular situation.
- n. A completion of a mathematical operation; a valuation.
- n. Determination of the value of a variable or expression.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Valuation; appraisement.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Careful valuation or appraisement; specifically, in mathematics, the ascertainment of the numerical value of any expression: as, the evaluation of a definite integral, of a probability, of an expectation, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. act of ascertaining or fixing the value or worth of
- n. an appraisal of the value of something
From Middle French évaluation. (Wiktionary)