Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Careful valuation or appraisement; specifically, in mathematics, the ascertainment of the numerical value of any expression: as, the evaluation of a definite integral, of a probability, of an expectation, etc.
- n. An assessment, such as an annual personnel performance review used as the basis for a salary increase or bonus, or a summary of a particular situation.
- n. mathematics A completion of a mathematical operation; a valuation.
- n. computing, programming Determination of the value of a variable or expression.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Valuation; appraisement.
- n. act of ascertaining or fixing the value or worth of
- n. an appraisal of the value of something
- From Middle French évaluation. (Wiktionary)
“In addition to the monthly written evaluation, at the end of each year the PROJIMO team has an evaluation dinner.”
“He may sound alarmist, but his evaluation is actually rather balanced.”
“This kind of evaluation is of course time-consuming, and Carleton has the advantage of being a small school (1,800 students) with a low student-teacher ratio.”
“The main aim of this evaluation is to set out the context for this framework and to lead to a series of recommendations that will underpin it.”
“Their findings weren't the final word on whether David Tarloff can stand trial; at least one other evaluation is planned, and ultimately a judge will rule on the issue.”
“Part of the evaluation is based on the fact that the Medicare “doc fix”, which would add $371 billion to the pricetag, was removed from the Senate bill.”
“You think showing that my evaluation is not demonstrably perfect kills my position.”
“As for test scores, I think they must play a role in evaluation because we need something that is close to objective in the mix.”
“Instead of standardized test results, the core evaluation is a periodic comprehensive review covering the range of attributes parents and communities want for their schools.”
“Teacher evaluation is emerging as the central flash point in education policy debates.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘evaluation’.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
additionality, audit trail, accounting standards, auditing standards, general audit obj..., a posteriori audit, a priori audit, above board, acceptable error ..., access rights, accountability, accountable entities and 1283 more...
The most frequent words in the titles of mathematical books and journals (www.sciencedirect.com)
Use these and get promoted
All words of the Lisbon Treaty
(Persons' names, foreign and grammatical words have been eliminated, MWEs have been split up into individual words. Capitalization has been retained if r...
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
The vocabulary of scientific paper submission
executive agency, societal engagement, reference point, service contract, synergy, focussing, local authority, mutual understanding, sustainability, participation, initiative, dimension and 60 more...
This is a list of academic words for students learning English as a Second or Foreign Language. It includes 570 word families that often appear in academic texts. It does not include words that are...
Very basic words for ESL students.
Looking for tweets for evaluation.