from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Biology Coloration of tissues by pigment.
- n. Biology Deposition of pigment by cells.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Coloration of human, plant or animal tissue, especially by pigment.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A deposition, esp. an excessive deposition, of coloring matter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Discoloration by the deposition of a pigment in the tissues.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. coloration of living tissues by pigment
- n. the deposition of pigment in animals or plants or human beings
Sorry, no etymologies found.