from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the incorporation of water molecules into a complex with those of another compound
- n. the process of providing an adequate amount of water to body tissues
- n. the chemical reaction by which a substance (such as cement) combines with water, giving off heat to form a crystalline structure in its setting and hardening.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of becoming, or state of being, a hydrate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The process of combining or impregnating with water, or the resulting condition. Also hydratation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the process of combining with water; usually reversible
She was very sick at both ends and needed hydration from the vet.
The new time trial bike also incorporates a built-in hydration system that allows
I am told something I’d never considered: in desert countries most of one’s hydration is lost at the back of the neck, which can quickly lead to heat stroke, so a headscarf that wraps around the neck is essential to block this loss.
Because if, in fact, it had something to do with the environment, as opposed to the -- you know, the hydration, that is going to make or break a criminal case here.
During this reaction, called hydration, crystals radiate outwards from the cement grains and mesh with other adjacent crystals or adhere to the adjacent aggregates.
Paul McCarthy--you are the man. you know why. it's called hydration, and you were there when i needed you today. thanks.
The difference between Terri and these victims is that these people are not braindead and have been denied nourishment and hydration, that is a crime.
· The reaction of cement and water (known as hydration) liberates calcium hydroxide (slaked lime) which reacts with the clay particles to form a kind of pozzolanic binder.
Burning in hydration occurs when too little water is mixed with the quicklime.
During cooking, proteids undergo hydration, which is necessary and preliminary to digestion, and the heating need be carried only to this point, and not to the splitting up of the molecule.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.