from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the incorporation of water molecules into a complex with those of another compound
- n. the process of providing an adequate amount of water to body tissues
- n. the chemical reaction by which a substance (such as cement) combines with water, giving off heat to form a crystalline structure in its setting and hardening.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of becoming, or state of being, a hydrate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The process of combining or impregnating with water, or the resulting condition. Also hydratation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the process of combining with water; usually reversible
hydrate + -ion (Wiktionary)