from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the formation of a polydentate chelate compound from a metal salt
- n. the use of this process to remove metal ions from solution, especially to counter poisoning by heavy metals
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the process of removing a heavy metal from a solution by means of a chelate
- n. the process of forming a ring by forming one or more hydrogen bonds.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (medicine) the process of removing a heavy metal from the bloodstream by means of a chelate as in treating lead or mercury poisoning
- n. the process of forming a ring by forming one or more hydrogen bonds
From chelate + -ion. (Wiktionary)