- n. chemistry the formation of a polydentate chelate compound from a metal salt
- n. the use of this process to remove metal ions from solution, especially to counter poisoning by heavy metals
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Med.) the process of removing a heavy metal from a solution by means of a chelate the treatment of lead or mercury poisoning by adding a chelating agent to the blood.
- n. the process of forming a ring by forming one or more hydrogen bonds.
- n. (medicine) the process of removing a heavy metal from the bloodstream by means of a chelate as in treating lead or mercury poisoning
- n. the process of forming a ring by forming one or more hydrogen bonds
- From chelate + -ion. (Wiktionary)
“• FDA warns companies promoting products used in chelation procedures: The agency warned several companies that the substances they sell without a prescription for a procedure known as "chelation" are "unapproved drugs and devices.”
“The FDA took the action after noticing an increase in 'chelation therapy' products marketed on the Internet that claim to cleanse the body of toxic chemicals and heavy metals.”
“Children younger than 6 years old with very high lead levels will benefit from a therapy called chelation, says Goldman.”
“If they go higher, he'll also have to begin chelation.”
“Last month she stood anxiously in the hallway at the Kennedy Institute in Baltimore, afraid to look in the room where Nicholas was undergoing a painful treatment called chelation, which uses injections to cleanse the blood of some lead.”
“Proponents of the thimerosal causation of autism, like Kennedy, argue that a detoxification method called chelation therapy is of great benefit to these children.”
“A treatment called chelation which takes heavy metals such as mercury out of the system using medications or creams has become an increasingly popular intervention for autism.”
“You may have read about a development called chelation therapy—basically an arterial Drano.”
“If both of those are still high, there's a therapy called chelation therapy.”
“And if that's still too high, they'll initiate a therapy known as chelation therapy.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘chelation’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
I have a list for words learned from Newsweek; here's where I keep all the stuff from other shit I read.
Except when I'm looking stuff up and find new words that way. Those go on their...
States of being are listed on oofy.
Looking for tweets for chelation.