from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the formation of a polydentate chelate compound from a metal salt
- n. the use of this process to remove metal ions from solution, especially to counter poisoning by heavy metals
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the process of removing a heavy metal from a solution by means of a chelate
- n. the process of forming a ring by forming one or more hydrogen bonds.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (medicine) the process of removing a heavy metal from the bloodstream by means of a chelate as in treating lead or mercury poisoning
- n. the process of forming a ring by forming one or more hydrogen bonds
• FDA warns companies promoting products used in chelation procedures: The agency warned several companies that the substances they sell without a prescription for a procedure known as "chelation" are "unapproved drugs and devices."
The FDA took the action after noticing an increase in 'chelation therapy' products marketed on the Internet that claim to cleanse the body of toxic chemicals and heavy metals.
Children younger than 6 years old with very high lead levels will benefit from a therapy called chelation, says Goldman.
If they go higher, he'll also have to begin chelation.
Last month she stood anxiously in the hallway at the Kennedy Institute in Baltimore, afraid to look in the room where Nicholas was undergoing a painful treatment called chelation, which uses injections to cleanse the blood of some lead.
Proponents of the thimerosal causation of autism, like Kennedy, argue that a detoxification method called chelation therapy is of great benefit to these children.
A treatment called chelation which takes heavy metals such as mercury out of the system using medications or creams has become an increasingly popular intervention for autism.
You may have read about a development called chelation therapy—basically an arterial Drano.
If both of those are still high, there's a therapy called chelation therapy.
And if that's still too high, they'll initiate a therapy known as chelation therapy.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.