American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of the steroid hormones produced by the adrenal cortex or their synthetic equivalents, such as cortisol and aldosterone.
- n. biochemistry Any of a group of steroid hormones, secreted by the adrenal cortex, that are involved in a large range of physiological systems.
- n. biochemistry, pharmacology Any of several synthetic hormones of related structure.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a steroid compound produced by the adrenal cortex, or a synthetic analog of such a compound.
- n. a steroid hormone produced by the adrenal cortex or synthesized; administered as drugs they reduce swelling and decrease the body's immune response
“Funding source may be associated with findings regarding adverse effects in corticosteroid studies”
“The study results also show a safety profile for LX211 at the 0.4 mg / kg bid dose that suggests the experimental drug would be suitable for chronic use as the first oral treatment for this sight-threatening inflammatory eye disease, while also providing a means to greatly reduce the serious health risks associated with long-term corticosteroid use.”
“The Government also provides treatment for those 70 years or older with very low bone density, even without a fracture, and in some other situations such as high-dose, long-term corticosteroid use.”
“Although 6-mercaptopurine and azathioprine may not prevent further relapses, medical management of these flares my be less intense and may not require long-term corticosteroid use.”
“Cortisone injections, also referred to as corticosteroid injections, are not a cure for joint afflictions.”
“Azelastine is an anti-allergic drug and fluticasone is a corticosteroid, which is a class of steroid hormones.”
“They report that some of thier Doctors placed them on a corticosteroid, which is a steroid form of cortisol, to help increase their own levels of this adrenal hormone that becomes low in people with Adrenal Fatigue.”
“Your healthcare professional will prescribe a medicine called a corticosteroid, which lowers your chances of getting skin reactions with ALIMTA.”
“Then, apply a topical treatment such as corticosteroid cream or tea tree oil.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘corticosteroid’.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
My big word list.
of or relating to a cortex
Looking for tweets for corticosteroid.