from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The introduction of democracy, its functions or principles, to an area or country which did not have democracy previously.
- n. The spread of democracy as a concept.
- n. The making more democratic of a political system.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of rendering or the process of becoming democratic: as, the democratization of European institutions. Also spelled democratisation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the action of making something democratic
democratize + -ation (Wiktionary)