from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The addition of a fluorine compound to a drinking water supply for the purpose of reducing tooth decay.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act or process of adding fluoride to something, especially water
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The addition of a fluoride to the water supply (to prevent dental decay).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In geology, the process whereby fluorin' combines with bases, and more especially with calcium, to yield fluorides.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the addition of a fluoride to the water supply (to prevent dental decay)
Sorry, no etymologies found.