American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Not funded, as a floating debt.
- adj. Not furnished with funds: an unfunded project.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not funded; floating: as, an unfunded debt. See fund, transitive verb, and funded. The unfunded debt of the United Kingdom exists in the form of exchequer bills and bonds, treasury bills, etc., issued by the government when it desires to raise money for temporary purposes, all bearing interest at fixed rates, and due at specified times; while the funded debt of that country is properly no debt at all, the government being under no obligation to repay the principal sum represented by the stock, but only to pay the interest thereon, for the due performance of which a fund consisting of the product of certain taxes or sources of revenue is set aside.
- adj. not furnished with funds
- un- + funded (Wiktionary)
“The term unfunded tax cut suggests that its the government's money and the public are lucky to get some back.”
“Rather, his amendment was designed to avoid imposing on these organizations the costs of implementing a DNS blacklist, which he described as an unfunded mandate.”
“Doseck says he'd have to hire 47 more employees and build eight new classrooms to comply with what he calls unfunded mandates.”
“I'll believe it will be there when someone can tell me how they're going to come up with the TRILLIONS in unfunded liability.”
“Currently the minimum direct costs of Iraq and Afghanistan are one trillion, ninety billion dollars in unfunded costs.”
“And I want to know how the TRILLIONS in unfunded Medicare liability is going to be addressed.”
“McConnell said he thought the White House was "in denial" about the long-term unfunded debts the country is racking up in entitlement programs such as Social Security, combined with the $1.6 trillion deficit the country is running this year.”
“The difference is what we call the unfunded liabilities or $U.”
“To claim you have funded a plan while leaving it effectively unfunded is dishonest!”
“Of course, the card that both Democrats and Republicans have been palming is the $Trillions in unfunded guarantees and loans that the Fed has been making.”
‘unfunded’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for unfunded.