from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An increase in the severity of something (such as a disease)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of rendering more violent or bitter; the state of being exacerbated or intensified in violence or malignity.
- n. A periodical increase of violence in a disease, as in remittent or continuous fever; an increased energy of diseased and painful action.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of exacerbating, or the state of being exacerbated; increase of violence or virulence; aggravation; exasperation.
- n. In medicine, an increase of violence in a disease; specifically, the periodical aggravation of the febrile condition in remittent and continued fevers: as, nocturnal exacerbations.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. action that makes a problem or a disease (or its symptoms) worse
- n. violent and bitter exasperation
Sorry, no etymologies found.