from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of arousing or the state of being aroused.
- n. Sexual arousal.
- n. A physiological and psychological state of being awake or reactive to stimuli, including elevated heart rate and blood pressure and a condition of sensory alertness, mobility and readiness to respond.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of arousing, or the state of being aroused.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of arousing or awakening; the state of being aroused or awakened.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. awakening from sleep
- n. mutual sexual fondling prior to sexual intercourse
- n. the act of arousing
- n. a state of heightened physiological activity
arouse + -al (Wiktionary)