from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Exciting strong feelings, as of inspiration; rousing. See Synonyms at moving.
- adj. Active; lively.
- n. A slight motion or moving about: restless stirrings.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. invigorating or inspiring
- v. Present participle of stir.
- n. An occasion on which something stirs or is stirred
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Putting in motion, or being in motion; active; active in business; habitually employed in some kind of business; accustomed to a busy life.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Movement; motion; activity; effort; the act of moving or setting in motion.
- n. Temptation.
- n. In agriculture, the second tilth or fallow.
- n. Riot; commotion.
- Being in active motion; characterized by stir or activity; active; bustling; lively; vivacious; brisk: as, a stirring life; stirring times.
- Animating; rousing; awakening; stimulating; exciting; inspiriting: as, a stirring oration; a stirring march.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. exciting strong but not unpleasant emotions
- n. agitating a liquid with an implement
- n. arousing to a particular emotion or action
- adj. capable of arousing enthusiasm or excitement
Sorry, no etymologies found.