from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Giving courage, confidence, or hope: an encouraging advance in medical research.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. giving courage, confidence or hope
- adj. supporting by giving encouragement
- adj. auspicious, or bringing good luck
- v. Present participle of encourage.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Furnishing ground to hope; inspiriting; favoring.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. furnishing support and encouragement
- adj. giving courage or confidence or hope
Sorry, no etymologies found.