from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Likely to develop in a desirable manner.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Showing promise, and likely to develop in a desirable fashion.
- adj. Encouraging and inspiring confidence.
- v. Present participle of promise.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Making a promise or promises; affording hope or assurance
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Giving promise; affording just expectations of good; affording reasonable ground of hope for the future; looking as if likely to turn out well: as, a promising youth; a promising prospect.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. showing possibility of achievement or excellence
- adj. full or promise
Sorry, no etymologies found.