from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the color rose.
- adj. Cheerful or optimistic, especially to an excessive degree: took a rose-colored view of the situation.
- idiom through rose-colored glasses With an unduly cheerful, optimistic, or favorable view of things: see the world through rose-colored glasses.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative spelling of rose-coloured.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the color of a pink rose; rose-pink; of a delicate pink color.
- adj. Uncommonly beautiful; hence, extravagantly fine or pleasing; alluring.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the color of a rose; rosy: as, the rose-colored pastors, the starlings of the genus Pastor. See cut under Pastor.
- Uncommonly beautiful; hence, extravagantly fine or pleasing: as, rose-colored views of the future.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a rose color
- adj. reflecting optimism
rose + colored (Wiktionary)