from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a pigment of a rose color, made by dyeing chalk or whiting with a decoction of Brazil wood and alum; also, the color of the pigment.
- adj. Having a pink color like that of the rose, or like the pigment called rose pink. See Rose pink, under rose.
- adj. Disposed to clothe everything with roseate hues; hence, sentimental.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A chromatic crimson-pink color.
- n. A pigment prepared by dyeing chalk or whiting with a decoction of Brazil-wood and alum.
- n. The American centaury, Sabbatia angularis.
- Of a rosy-pink color or hue; roseate; having a delicate bloom: also used figuratively: as, “rose-pink piety,”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of several pink-flowered marsh plant of the eastern United States resembling a true centaury
Sorry, no etymologies found.